Location: Based in Bedford, United Kingdom
Salary: Competitive starting salary
Holiday Entitlement: 28 days (including bank holidays)
Dress code? None!
We are seeking someone with the right stuff to become part of a fast growing development team based in Bedford. You’ll be part of a dynamic, young environment with the ability to advance your skills with training and personal development.
Our core product is in a really exciting sector in B2B software – industry specific line of business systems. We also have a growing web development team and have recently been backed by a significant private equity investment. Could you be part of our success story?
Fired up with enthusiasm for building great websites using modern technologies, you will be ready to become part of a team who are committed to serving their customers with top-quality solutions and excellent service. We are looking for:
- The ability to program in any modern programming language
- An enquiring mind and a love of problem solving, and fanatical attention to detail
- Integrity, initiative and flexibility: this is a startup so we all muck in and do a bit of everything!
- Potential to become a rounded professional, getting out of the coding bunker and interacting with customers.
We don’t care whether you have a formal CS degree or learnt to code in your spare time, whether you’re male or female, young or old, white, black, blue, green or yellow – we care about what you can bring to the party.
Most importantly, you will be partly responsible for maintaining Quotevine’s excellent reputation. We are a young company so you will need to be ambitious, flexible, trustworthy, hungry for success and a self-starter.
In return we will give you great tools, a relaxed working environment and exposure to a wide range of experiences which will allow you to develop the skills necessary for a successful career with us. We will give you the chance to become a key member of the organisation and if expectations are consistently met, you can look forward to flexible career development in a number of possible avenues.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with Python and Django
- A foundational understanding of relational databases
- A basic understanding of web best practices: SEO, accessibility, performance etc.
- Familiarity with web development tools: Git, LESS/SASS, Grunt/Webpack etc.
- Highly organised
- Intelligence and intellectual curiosity
- Adaptability and agility
- Great interpersonal skills
- Experience with jQuery
- Experience with deployments and server management
- Familiarity with web servers (preferably Nginx)
- Experience of financial services
- Full UK driving licence
- Interest in the motor industry
Apply with your CV and a covering message by email to email@example.com
No agencies please.